In response to the COVID-19 outbreak:
Stay Safe, & Remember We Love You!
- All of our fixed sites (Sunday Evening, Tuesday, and Thursday) are running
- Please do not come to site if you are experiencing symptoms
- Sites may run more slowly, please give ample time & look for signs about how site is operating
- We do not have masks / supplies to protect from or reduce viral spread
- Berkeley NEED Sunday Outreach (Sunday Mornings in People's Park) is temporarily cancelled
COVID-19 Harm Reduction Links
- COVID-19 Guidance for People Who Use Drugs and Harm Reduction Programs
- General COVID-19 Information
- If you're experiencing symptoms:
It has come to our attention that there are rumors about NEED moving one or more of its weekly sites to new locations. These rumors are not true and are not coming from NEED. NEED is not moving any of its sites, and any information to the contrary is incorrect. NEED continues to operate its three weekly mobile sites in the same locations it always has.
NEED has fentanyl test strips! We are hearing more and more about fentanyl in meth as well as in heroin. Come to NEED's sites to get strips that test for the presence of fentanyl.
Need help using fentanyl test strips? Click here for our fentanyl test strips instructions and click here for some tips on more successful and accurate fentanyl testing.
NEED offers overdose prevention treatment through the distribution of naloxone, an opioid antagonist that can prevent overdoses. Naloxone (also known as Narcan) is available at all three of our sites.